Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

This is my brain on...


   This semester I continued my studies in glass etch and philosophical issues concerning consciousness.  Through engaging with all types of brain imaging, I developed the fear of what may be shown in a brain scan of my own.  By using neurosis' that I genuinely fear in my own daily life, I encourage the viewer to consider the space between one's own conscious narratives and the scientific images of what actually occurs during these thoughts.  

"This is my brain on..."
Screen Print on Dai Unryu Kozo Paper, Etched Glass in Frames
March 2012


On display at "Precipitant - Print Media Area Show" and "Psychopomp - Open House"
Winner of the "DisplayCult Purchase Award - $200"


Information about each print:


Top Left -  I) Alcoholic Scan - "I crave it everyday, and I feel like an asshole about it"
Top Right - IV) Manic Scan - "What if I am not happy tomorrow?"
Bottom Left -  III) Alzheimer's Scan - "I'm lost, and I can't remember anything, ever."
Bottom Right - II) Schizophrenic Scan - "How many times will I get caught talking to myself today?"


No comments:

Post a Comment