Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Abstract Map Painting

This was my second project in Abstract Painting, and the assignment was to abstract the experience of a trip from point A to point B.  This is my car ride between York University and Pickering on the 401 in the evening.

 "401"
Acrylic, spray paint, scrap paper, scrap canvas, and aluminium tape on canvas
60 x42 inches

These are details of the painting:

 I tried to represent the aggressive dissociation of my environment that I feel while driving on large slabs of concrete; the 401 always seems to have some new development along it, large concrete and metal structures, and it is this constructive nature that juxtaposes the organic environment that should exist.  This painting is my 'aggressive dissociation'.

No comments:

Post a Comment